Monday, April 25, 2011

Design For Style 2011 Cape Town DEBUT

I have realised that I need someone to manage my blogspot account considering my busy schedule. This year has been about creating more shows for my company Design For Style and while I'm at it, you can also check out our DFS blog. We have had a show in Cape Town and also launched DFS successfully in Johannsburg (post to follow). Our Cape Town backdrop was the ethereal Misael Art Gallery on their closing night as an art gallery. The venue served as an inspiration to my production style and it will sadly be missed.
I decided to keep the floor minimal and bare continuing with an international trend in show production. We showcased the very talented pro*ZAK label by Zakirah Rabaney. Zakirah describes her style as a simple play on colour, shapes and angles. Her range was rather cheeky with a strong play on prints. Here are 6 of my favourite looks







After pro*ZAK we showcased two stylists who collect vintage clothing and add their personal touch to it. The label is called Thrift by Aqeelah Harron and Gabi Kannemeyer. It is by time that the Fashion Industry give props to stylists as they are constantly overlooked in the process of Fashion Production and Shoots. Have a look at what these extremely talented ladies are able to do with vintage clothing.





Thank you to everyone who has stayed loyal followers - with all the new changes in my life, my blog posts and blog itself will be revived. To another great year in FASHION!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment